How to Enroll in and use our Password Reset System
The instructions below will guide you through how to enroll in our password reset system and how to use the system to reset your own password.
You must first enroll in the password reset system
- You will receive a message about enrollment on your taskbar much like the one below:
- If you miss the message you can either click the icon on the taskbar or use the Enrollment link under Start>Specops Software>Enroll for Password Reset
- If you need to Enroll in the Password Reset System, and you are not on the school network, please go to this link: https://reset.anderson5.net/SpecopsPassword/Enrollment/Enroll.aspx
- You will be prompted to login. Please enter your district username and password in the box. You only need the username, do not include “@anderson5.net”
- Once logged in you will be asked to confirm your current password, this is to verify you for security reasons.
- Once your current password is accepted you will be asked a series of security questions. Make sure you know the answers to these questions and keep them secret just like your password. You will need these answers anytime you try to reset your password in the future with this system
Once these are entered you will have a chance to review your answers before clicking Finish.
Congratulations! You have now enrolled in the Password Reset system. In the event that you forget your password, it expires, or you simply want to change it you now have the ability to use this system by going to https://reset.anderson5.net.
Resetting your password:
To reset your password choose one of these options:
- On a Windows 10 PC, from the login or lock screen, click “Reset Password”.
- On a Windows 10 PC, go to Start>Specops Software>Reset Password.
- From any computer or mobile device: https://reset.anderson5.net/
All three options will take you to the login page. Enter your district username and click Next.
- You will then need to answer your selected security questions and then select a new password that meets the required complexity requirements (the actual requirements may vary from this image). An example of this can be seen here:
- Once all password requirements are met you will be allowed to reset your password and you will receive a confirmation email for your records.
*All unauthorized attempts to use this system are prohibited and logged.